“…we can’t see at the level of a microscope. If we could, we would see that a human is not a single organism…[Each person] by definition is a community of 50 trillion cells, so I’m not a single thing, I’m a community.”
“Thought ‘energy’ can activate or inhibit the cell’s function-producing proteins via the mechanics of constructive and destructive interference.”
With thoughts like these, Bruce Lipton, cell biologist and research scientist, was honored in 2009 with the Japanese Goi Peace Award, an international award to recognize individuals/organizations who contribute to a peaceful world. His controversial research from his professor days at Stanford University is becoming more mainstream.
Lipton’s “new biology” suggests that one’s mind is capable of overriding genetic programming: “Thoughts, the mind’s energy, directly influence how the physical brain controls the body’s physiology.”
You do not have to be a cell biologist to put Lipton’s research findings to good use. Lipton urges us to ask questions about why we do what we do. On YouTube he elaborates with specific questions and partial answers:
- What are your “programs” for how you live your daily life?
- Where are you having trouble?
- Stop looking outside. The things that don’t work in your life relate to faulty “programs” you gathered in your first 7 years when you downloaded “programs” from your parents/teachers.
- Basically, you operate from these “programs” (becoming habits) in your subconscious mind 95% of the time.
- Your subconscious mind resists change.
- If you want to change the subconscious mind, slow down your brain to a “lower vibration” (mindfulness practices, meditation, and psychotherapy are possible techniques).
- Your conscious mind is creative.
- Practice saying to yourself what you desire about yourself. Say it as if it already exists: “I am _____________.”
In case you want to take “new biology” to heart, this is the field of epigenetics — how one’s behavior and environmental factors can create changes that affect gene expression. One’s genetic code does not erase, but it is a possibility that you can change how your bodymind “reads” a DNA sequence.
Lipton explains: “… as we change our belief, we change our chemistry and then we change our culture medium and that’s what controls the cells. So we’re not victims, we are masters of our genes. By changing how we live, we change our genetics.”
We are talking about basic energy. I believe that energy is our first need to address every single day. Lipton’s research provides the science: “When molecules meet, they amplify the energy. In harmony, [it’s] “constructive interference” (good vibes)…or 2 energies may be “out of phase,” [with] “destructive interference” (bad vibes).”
What if everyone took Lipton’s research to heart? Would we still have wars, the epitome of bad vibes?
The Japanese awarded Lipton for his scientific contributions to world harmony. Apparently, the word did not get around (yet).
Pearls of Peace (PoP) Quiz
161. Are your ancestor “programs” burdens or blessings?
162. Do you experience mostly “bad vibes” or “good vibes”?